About Us

My photo
Spain
Now living in l'Olleria, south of Valencia

Sunday 17 February 2008

Hot Desk


At last, I've got a little office to work out of, rather than using the dining table.


Previously, when I was working, the puppies used to run around, and trip on the wires trailing around. This then led to panic on both sides! Me, chasing the dogs and shouting at them not to run off, so that they didn't cause any damage anywhere, and the dogs running away, frightened because they were wrapped up in cables and there was a mad woman shouting at them!


Really, this room will also have a single bed in it at some point, when I spot one in the paper. The desk came from an advert I spotted. It was in a village just 10 miles from here. As usual, it was the classic, 'meet you at the edge of town, you won't find my house'. We followed the lady for miles down country roads. She lived in a beautiful house, with her mum and baby daughter. Her father had passed away last year, and her sister a few years earlier. When I looked at the desk, I noticed some folders in the cupboard. I mentioned them, and she quickly cleared them out - apologising as she also removed the 2 urns containing the remains of her sister and father.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Eddie and Brigitte, good to see you are settling in well!! The house is looking great too, hope life is as good for you as it us for us in Oz. Love and best wishes, Claire, Wayne, Daniel and Leah xx

Anonymous said...

OMG, imagin if you hadn't have noticed the folders and when you got home the urns were still in there too - EWWWWWW!!

Jess