About Us

My photo
Spain
Now living in l'Olleria, south of Valencia

Sunday 17 August 2008

Garden Fence

When Ed was doing the back filling, the neighbour down hill from us happened to be in her garden, pegging out some washing. We waved to each other, and she indicated her approval of the wall. In my terrible Spanish, I told her that it would be rendered and painted white. She then said something else to me, so I went right across to her. We then had a lovely little chat about ‘who knows what’ all in Spanish!

I think she said that her husband built their walls, and used to do their painting, but he is no longer there. She asked about the pool, and I explained that we had removed the tiles, and needed a new pump and filter system. Bless her, she said that we could use her pool (I think).

We also chatted about the dogs, and how, when they were puppies, they tried to pinch the granddaughters flip flops through the fence!

She was expecting friends that afternoon, so she went the, but it was lovely to have managed a little conversation, not just a smile and a wave.

No comments: