About Us

My photo
Spain
Now living in l'Olleria, south of Valencia

Monday 10 November 2008

Lost

Well, one thing that I didn't post on here earlier (for obvious reasons) was the loss of my purse!

When we travelled back from Germany (early September) we had to go through a host of toll booths and I kept my purse handy, in order to pay them. Ed was driving. Once we passed the final one (just north of Valencia), Ed had had enough, so we swapped drivers. Unfortunately, the junction where we turned off (to swap) turned out to be a filter road, not a simple roundabout. We ended up driving into another town, but managed to work our way back to the motorway and then swapped drivers on the hard shoulder of the slip road. Not a real problem, as it was about 3am and there was no traffic.

The next day, I discovered that my purse was lost. I looked everywhere, but couldn't find it. We finally deduced that I must have dropped it when I jumped out of the car on the motorway. Sadly, it is normally a very busy area, so it would have been very unsafe to try and go back to find it. I cancelled my bank cards and got a new driving license. (But spent a few weeks very worried, as it is an offence to drive without one here.)

This Saturday, Ed was looking for something in his bum-bag (which he carries most of the time) and he found my purse!! I must have put it in there in the dark, instead of in my own handbag! What a relief - at least now I know that no-one has found it and tried to use any details!

No comments: