About Us

My photo
Spain
Now living in l'Olleria, south of Valencia

Saturday 9 May 2009

I Love Ryanair

I know it's a Budget airline, with a huge B, and I know lots of people complain, but hey, you get what you pay for. That is, you pay next-to-nothing and you get next-to-nothing.

I had a flick through and spotted a really good deal, for a quick trip back to the UK. The return flight was 2.50€ including taxes. How good is that? As the dates I had selected happenend to take in Dad's birthday, it seemed the perfect opportunity to spend a few days with the family. John came with me, but Ed didn't as he was over the week before, visiting his mum.

We checked in on-line, so we arrived just ahead of the departure time, leaving just enough time to buy some drinks and a snack. Perfect. We joined the end of the queue to get on the plane while the first passengers were boarding and then strolled to the plane. there were only about 5 people behind us. When we got on board, we realised that the seats next to the emergency exit were still available. Bliss. Room to stretch out, a seat between us, and only about 75% capacity.

I don't understand why people complain. Yes, they charge a lot for luggage (but you don't have to take any), they charge the earth for naff snacks and drinks (you can bring your own butties), they even charge a lot to use your own credit card (you could apply for a Ryanair one). However, years ago, it was £150 each to get to Spain (costing me £450 to take the children), so you won't hear any complaints from me!

No comments: