About Us

My photo
Spain
Now living in l'Olleria, south of Valencia

Wednesday 30 June 2010

The Wedding Preparations






On the morning of her wedding, Jessica went to the Body Shop to have her make-up done. We had also been the day before, for a practice run and lots of customers commented on how lovely she looked. The lady was really nice, and did her face with a beautiful fresh look. However, as we walked towards the shop, Jess joked that Tim might be in the barbers - I blocked her from the shop window, but, as we walked around a corner, Tim and his best man Stuart, walked towards us! Both Tim and Jess covered their eyes, and we all laughed as we walked by, without speaking to each other.

With her radient beauty, we then went to Jackies house - Tim's grandma. She was kind enough to hand over her house, for the girls to get ready. Tim's aunty Nici did Jessicas hair, as we chatted and watched, drinking bucks fizz. What a wonderful start to the day.

As the clocked ticked on, I suddenly realised that we were running out of time "come on girls, time to get dressed". The 3 bridesmaids got ready in one room, and Jessica in another. As I took her dress out of the bag, a tear ran down my face. Then, after a deep breath, I was able to help her step into the dress. However, as she turned around, and I started to lace her into it, tears simply poored from me. I had to keep stopping, and mopping up my face, leaving her half-dressed. I couldn't smile for the camera, as I was so emotional. I was so proud of her. She looked so lovely and she was so happy, and I was so glad to be able to share that special time with her.

No comments: