About Us

My photo
Spain
Now living in l'Olleria, south of Valencia

Saturday 1 January 2011

New Year Resolutions




I've never been one for making the conventional new year resolutions... stop smoking, go on a diet etc. I have always felt that new year is a time for new beginnings and new acheivements.

Normally my resolutions have been things like; learn to jet-ski, go water-skiing in the sun, learn to wind surf... all of these I have had a go at, even if I wasn't very good at the wind surfing!

This year, I promised myself that I would climb to the top of the mountain on New Year's day, regardless of the weather! Typically, it tried to rain, but, nevertheless, off I went, with 2 unsuspecting dogs in tow. In no time at all, I thought... no, not today, but I presevered. Once more, much higher up, I thought I was going to give up again. This time though, I found a reasonable route up, and in a short time, I had cleared the undergrowth and shrubbery, leaving a simple trek to the top.

Next time, I will remember to pack a bottle of water and my inhaler!

Yes - I know there is a drivable pathway to the top, but I refuse to use it. To me, it is much better for both the dogs and I, to get an all over workout, climbing rocks and scrabbling among the trees!

Pity the mist didn't lift a bit more, but I will be back!

No comments: