About Us

My photo
Spain
Now living in l'Olleria, south of Valencia

Sunday 17 April 2011

Serra Grossa Geocaching



There are two geocaches on the mountains outside our house, and we finally managed to find the time to go up there. Admittedly, I didn't want to go up during February or March, as the processionary caterpillars were already out, and they don't mix well with the dogs.

Mark and Tracey had already found the new cache, but they went up with us. That turned out to be a good move, as the co-ordinates were out, and we would have been looking for hours! The cache itself was also very well hidden, so there was no chance of finding it by accident, should you decide to look under every rock on the whole mountainside! I guess we were cheating a little, but even so, we were there for quite a while.

Next, we moved on to the one a little further along. I knew roughly where it was from the description and there did seem to be an obvious rock that I checked under, but no joy. We searched around for a while, then Ed looked under the same rock that I had earlier. Bingo. Evidently, I have to learn to reach right underneath, not just girlie fashion, around the edges.

There are now another two new ones in the valley, so we will soon be off exploring again.

No comments: